Cape Gooseberry

Hurrah! Almost given up on the cape gooseberry seeds planted a couple of weeks ago. A stray weed seedling that popped up within a couple of days fooled me into believing that was it, and the rest of the seeds had failed. But no, here they all come pushing their heads up through the compost.

The seeds were a gift from a fellow allotmenteer last year. How could he refuse me after I'd drooled over his strange and exotic plant with papery pods and bright orange fruit? Now I'll have about fifty. But that's good... I can give some away to friends and family and gain swap credits in the process.

They're such an attractive looking plant. Even better, the fruit are delicious to eat. Here's an image of what I'm looking forward to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...